Super Healthy Tea Jellies
Everyone loves a treat, and the fact that these ones are full of health benefits is a massive bonus!
Currently magic Tea Headquarters is in isolation as both kids have tested positive to Covid-19. Luckily, their symptoms are so mild that we wouldn't even know they are sick. Even though they are not sick, I am still making sure to keep their immune system strong! I have been whipping up some super healthy yummy treats for them to munch on (while watching endless TV).
We made our jellies with Pink Flower Tea which of course ads some sparkle to the jellies, as well as heaps of antioxidants which are known to help with cough and congestion. I added some of my favourite probiotics and some Manuka honey.
What you will need:
2 cups of Pink Flower Tea
4 tbsp Manuka honey
2.5 tbsp of neutral gelatin
2 tbsp of Progood probiotics (optional)
Silicone mould - I used hearts but you can use whatever you like
How to make:
- Make sure you a flat area in your fridge to place the moulds.
- Add 2 large tbsp of Magic Flower Tea into a saucepan and pour in 2 cups of boiling water. Leave to brew.
- Strain the tea, then mix the honey into the hot water and ensure it all melts.
- Set aside to cool for 3 minutes. It should still be warm enough to melt the gelatin, but not hot enough to weaken the setting power of the gelatin.
- Add the gelatin into your slightly cooled tea and honey mixture.
- Make sure the gelatin is fully dissolved before filling the moulds, or else tiny bits of gelatin can clog up your jellies.
- When the mixture is dissolved and cooled to room temp, add in some probiotics (optional) and mix well.
- Add mixture into a jug and pour it into the moulds. Once all full, place in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- Then pop them out of the moulds and enjoy!
- Make as many batches as you want with different flavours of tea. You can even try combining different flavours.
- Leftover jellies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Happy jelly-ing :)
As always, we would love to see your creations, so please tag us if you share your pic @magicfamilytea